His name is Susan?
Who said it’s a he? It’s clearly not Main!Bug if he’s the one scoring the DVD.
Just add some one-liners and it will be a prime-candidate for “America’s funniest home videos”!
(man I miss that show, back then when the interwebs was still a myth)
It’s still on ABC. I like it better now with Tom Bergeron. Was never a fan of Bob Saget.
I had to google yakety sax. Awesome!
Thank you for making the rest of us feel old.
..but I’m barely legal to drink. I’ve never endured more than a few hours of Benny Hill, cumulatively, in my life. I get bored of blooper reels long before they could fill an afternoon of youtubeing. Why didn’t I have to google it?
I’m a little confused now. I feel like this means I have some kind of a problem, but I’m not sure what it is.
Is it bad that I would watch that blooper reel? o_o
Depends entirely on how much you laugh.
Heh I like the title.
Next time I’m jumping I’ll try to forget how hard I laugh of this comic…
When the 9/11 videos of people jumping to their deaths hit the web. The internet douches synched it up to Tom Petty’s “Freefalling”. So just putting that out there. Yakety Sax is not the only option.
Just PPV Skyfall last night, coincidence…I think not.
Easy. High Speed Dirt by Megadeth!
Teehee *thump* lmao
Drawing some douchbag ducklips in that first panel would be very difficult so the tongue was a good alternative. That thump was a nice understatement and added to my take on the expession on the cameraman’s face. I like how you drawing style let’s us fill in between the lines, as it were.
Believe it or not my EMT instructor ran a call on someone who survived their parachute not opening. Apparently it’s good to bounce; your kinetic energy is dissipated more gradually that way.
The Thump and my brain’s image of people slamming into the ground to the tune of Yakkety Sax made me snort corn flakes out my nose!
Dude. You’re killin’ me!
I love Adam’s little details, like the antennae waving in the wind in panel 1.
A comic once asked, “Why is cliff diving even considered a sport? You’re either a champion…or stuff on a rock.”
They do have precautions against that sort of thing… off the top of my head:
1) All parachutes get “packed” (properly folded and arranged in the pack) by trained professionals, e.g. the instructors. Packing a parachute properly is a Big Deal and a major question of trust — newbies are not trusted to pack their own.
2) Newbies get an automatic ripcord, nowadays hooked to an altimeter and/or timer. (And the usual backup).
3) Instructors know how to intercept a frozen newbie in order to pull their backup ripcord if needed — or just grab them and have both people on the instructor’s parachute.
> They do have precautions (…)
Yes, they do, but not quite like that. As an active skydiver, I feel the need to address a few points in your comment.
1) Parachutes packed by people not jumping them are usually packed by people called… “packers”, believe it or not. They’re usually skydivers themselves, but rarely instructors. Packing doesn’t pay nearly as much as instructing. And it’s less fun, too. Also, packing a main parachute is no-where near as complicated as it’s usually made out to be. I’ve seen experienced skydivers compete in packing their own parachutes blindfolded or in a phone booth. Never at the same time though.
2) Yes, very nearly everyone these days jumps with what’s called an Automatic Activation Device, AAD, that opens your reserve parachute at a very low altitude if you’re still in free fall at that stage.
3) “…pull their backup ripcord if needed”
Almost. If the student doesn’t pull at the predefined altitude, the freefall instructors will go for the student’s main parachute as the first option.
3) “have both people on the instructor’s parachute”
No. Really, no, not going to happen. Ever. You’re confusing freefall training (AFF, for Accelerated Free Fall) with tandem jumping.
Is the comic broken/missing? I don’t see it.
I see it. What browser are you using?
It’s the stupid one. You know, iSnTtUePrInPet eSxTpUlPoIrDer.
NAME — Get a Gravatar
NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
©2009-2013 Bug Martini | Powered by WordPress with ComicPress
| Subscribe: RSS
| Back to Top ↑